ISMIR2020 is pleased to invite proposals for tutorials to be given in conjunction with the conference. Tutorials take place at the start of the ISMIR conference, and this year will be held on Sunday, October 11, 2020 in Montréal. Each tutorial is allocated 3 hours to concentrate on a single topic; tutorials take place in parallel sessions. The tutorials are presented either at an introductory level or in depth, and are intended to provide an informative and stimulating coverage of current topics in MIR and beyond.
Time zone : Anywhere On Earth (AOE)
Submission: May 22, 2020
Notification of Acceptance: June 15, 2020
There will be no further extension to the submission deadlines.
Tutorial proposals should consist of a 2–4 page abstract including the following:
- Presenter names, affiliations, and email addresses
- Motivation and relevance of the tutorial
- Outline of the tutorial content
- Intended and expected audience
- Short biography of the presenters
- Any special requirements
The proposals should be submitted as a PDF attachment via email to email@example.com by May 22, 2020. Acceptance/rejection decisions will be made by the ISMIR2020 Tutorial Chairs, and notifications will be made by June 15, 2020. The decision will depend on the following criteria:
- Relevance (i.e., of interest to the whole community or only a segment thereof)
- Suitability to generally knowledgeable students in MIR rather than specialists
- Comprehensiveness / coverage
- Originality of topics with respect to previous ISMIR tutorials
- Novelty of authors with respect to previous ISMIR tutorials
- Expertise of authors
- Foster complementarity of tutorials
- Foster open-source and free software tools/data, reproducible research
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.